Chip Lam Seng Bhd. started as a private
limited company called Chip Lam Seng Sdn. Bhd in 1950. At that
time, the main business activities were to collect cup-lump
(Un-smoke Sheet) from smaller dealers and resell to factories.
In 1975, a smokehouse factory was constructed to convert USS
to RSS (Ribbed Smoke Sheet) for both local & export.
NR (Natural Rubber) was subsequently
transformed into the highly technical specified commodity when
( Standard Malaysian Rubber) was introduced by RRIM ( Rubber
Research Institution of Malaysia) during 1980.
Chip Lam Seng, following the market demand to technically
specified rubber, started the SMR factory in 1982. The factory
was subsequently upgraded in 1988 in view of the increase in
demand for SMR.
Chip Lam Seng maintains its
leadership position in these markets by providing customers with
world-class products and services, achieved through total
employee involvement, teamwork, and supplier partnerships.
Exceeding our customers' expectations and supplying the highest
quality products and services are paramount at Chip Lam Seng.
This belief is the foundation that helps shape the company's
vision for progress and allows our customers to achieve their
In year March 2005, we have shifted
our existing operation to a new factory premise comprising of
25 acres of industrial land. With the new facility, we are
now ranked the single biggest SMR processing factory in
Malaysia, with the best equipped machineries to cater for rising global demand.